Conserving water saves you money.
The following tips can help you do your part to live a more water-wise lifestyle.
- Make sure you know and follow your city's water conservation requirements.
- Adjust your sprinkling schedule to the changes in seasonal water demand.
- Don't over water; most lawns will stay healthy with only 1.5 inches of water a week.
- Buy a rain gauge to determine how much water your yard is receiving.
- Adjust your sprinklers so that only the lawn is watered, not the house, sidewalk, or street.
- Do not water on windy days.
- Turn off your automatic sprinkler system if it is raining.
- Water in the early morning to minimize evaporation.
- Mulch plants and trees to retain moisture and prevent evaporation.
- Have your sprinkler system checked regularly.